View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Your comparisons here along with the previous ones have been laugh out loud ridiculous.

Keep 'em coming. Who's next? Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Joe Montana, The 1972 Cincinnati Reds?

You seem to be in a state of belligerent denial regarding Johansen's behavior. Further, not one of the examples you've cited has ever been associated with being a quitter.

But, thanks for the video. Good stuff.
I study history, and I'll eventually find an example that resonates. If I don't, then I don't regard that as my issue.

You make an empirical statement about "Johansen's behavior", as if you have any clue. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a clue; at this point, everything is whispers and innuendo. We just saw Brad Richards made a healthy scratch last night in a playoff game for reasons related to his play, and this was by a coach who he has a long history with. Is Richards injured? Is he lazy? Is there another issue? If anyone can dig up anything and disseminate it worldwide quickly, it's the New York media.

I remember the 1990 World Series, when Tony LaRussa benched Terry Steinbach (All-Star catcher) in favor of journeyman Jamie Quirk, and Jose Canseco (in his prime) for Willie McGee. Now, that World Series was against the Reds, so I guess it'll have to be the 1990 Reds and not the 1972 version.

Belligerent denial...that's adorable. The only thing I deny is intimate knowledge of the facts regarding Johansen in the AHL playoffs, because that's honest. If only certain others would do the same.