05-24-2013, 10:03 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Thanks for the heads up omlimpotent one
"omlimpotent"
Jame's omniscient, not omnipotent, and certainly not omlimpotent - he and Claire had a baby last year!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
I'd be OK with Vanek for Burmistrov nearly straight up. I'm sure Regier could wriggle a draft pick out of Winnipeg too. I'm willing to deal one more year of Vanek for four years of Burmistrov... probably more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
But wouldn't this be underselling an asset? Darcy is notorious for "winning the deal". I doubt he would make that straight up trade. Now if the Jets throw in #16 and a solid prospect with the Jets taking full salary/cap....I could get behind that deal.

Ok....so Jame doesn't like my deal proposal. How about something around Vanek + for Burmistrov and Byfuglien?
Vanek for Burmi and big-Buff is tilted too much in Sabres favor from a player-control perspective. Hence, Der Jaeger's post above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
If Regier could get Burmistrov and Winnipeg's first for one year of Vanek, I think he wins that deal.

I don't think Vanek is worth Burmistrov and Byfuglien unless Winnipeg is allowed to pre-trade negotiate with Vanek and has an extension deal in place. I think that's not likely, and may not even be possible under the new CBA (not a CBA guru).
Agreed.

Also, I'd do Stafford for Burmi, even up.
I have no qualms about Burmi, at his age, being "uncoachable" or needing "respect". It's not like Stafford has been coachable. He could be a 35 +/-5 goal mini power forward if he tried like he did in his pending FA year. I'll take the younger, "uncoachable" player with upside over the proven "underperforming" veteran, 6 days a week and 2x on Sunday.