View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbhockey View Post
I really like what I see from this Morrissey kid. He's pretty dynamic and not afraid to take the body. I believe he's about 6-1, 185 but he'll fill out to about 200 or so. I think he is solid two-way defensemen with a little edge to him. I think Pulock is too one-dimensional. He's got a nasty shot but a huge wind up. He'll need to shorten that a bit if he wants to get shots off in time.

I don't think his slap shot is all he's got in the toolbox...one amateur scout notes:

"He (Pulock) also understands the importance of getting the puck on net, and is able to utilize a good wrist shot and quick release when teams try to take away his big bomb. On the rush, he has decent stickhandling and can be the lead man with the puck or can join the attack as the trailer, ready to unleash his rocket slapper or that very good wrist shot." - Ben Kerr

Also, in my own video reviews I've seen him wind up for that slapper, recognize that a defender is positioning to block, then adjust by laying off the shot and moving laterally to find a lane for the slap or wrister, or I've seen him stickhandle around that defender and get closer to the net before unleashing a wrister.