View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Hmm dont know if Laughton can be a game changer. He is projected as a 3rd line center maybe 2nd line. Don't really consider that kind of player a game changer.

Personally, I see him topping out as a 3rd line center who can win faceoffs and score around 40-50 points a year. Not bad really.
45 points is #2 center type scoring though, particularly if he does it while taking tough minutes and playing D. That's an above average #2 in my book.

I agree he's more likely to be a #3, but my idea of what a #3 is apparently differs some from yours. When it comes to scouting skaters, I don't value my judgment over some others who are posting in here. And they all agree with you, for whatever that's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Laughton's upside could be that of a Ryan Kesler type. Another comparison that I can also see is that of a more physical Patrice Bergeron. I'd still like to see Laughton spend one more in junior playing 20+ minutes a night and being the top dog in Oshawa, but reality says he's probably going to be on the Flyers club out of training camp.
A player in their mold, sure. But you aren't hoping he'll be a player of their quality are you? That's saying a lot.