View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 01:34 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbhockey View Post
I don't think he's anything close to Kesler. One thing Kesler has that Laughton doesn't is speed to burn. I think Laughton will be more in the mold of a Michael Peca or Kris Draper which is not bad at all. He's going to be a nightmare to play against each night because even if he's not scoring he's still effective in the circle and off the forecheck. I was pissed when they chose Laugton over Matta but now I get it. You win with guys like Laughton
Laughton is a very fast skater with speed to burn. His acceleration is top notch and he's really improved from the start of his draft year to now. I'd say he's right up there with Kesler. In terms of offensive game, I'd say he's right up there with Kesler in terms of offensive game.

Honestly, the sky's the limit with regards to Laughton. As Ian Laperriere said, he was the OHL's best player after being returned from the Flyers. That's the reason why part of me hopes the Flyers will keep him in Oshawa for one more season. I know some think it's best served if he plays 10 to 12 minutes a game in the NHL, but Laughton has never had a chance to be "the man" in Oshawa and with Boone Jenner now gone, the Generals would be Laughton's team and he'd be playing 18 to 20 minutes a night and be the key offensive guy on the team. Developing his offensive game in the OHL would be much more beneficial than giving him scrap minutes at the NHL level while playing in a strict defensive role.