View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 02:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I don't believe we will hear anything. These magical bids are due to Beacon by the 31st and they will pass on their recommendations afterwards, perhaps at a workshop on June 4th? However, the contract allows the city to keep expanding the deadline until they are blue in the face. I think a lot is being made about the lease between Jobing and the NHL. That thing has been extended by a month before, whats to stop it now?

So another question. The NHL was paid $25 million in 2010/2011, $20 million is in escrow to use from 2011/2012, and 2012/2013 didn't include a management fee from my understanding. Now from this old article, sources indicated the Coyotes lost "between $10-$15 million". I assume that is not taking into account the $20 million in escrow meant for the 2012 season. How much could have been lost this year and what is a reasonable amount to assume moving forward?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...rchase-coyotes
The NHL will not go into June without a guarantee that they have one facility or another to stick this team. If Glendale can't guarantee a home, Quebec probably can.