View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Boucher showed nothing until this season playing with Galchenyuk, I don't think he's some super phenom "omg fischer over giroux". Kessy doesn't have NHL potential and Nygren is has a much higher chance of being an NHLer than Yuen. I can understand being upset about Pageau since he was likely going to be our pick at 97 but nothing you can do about that. For all we know Didier could be the next Komisarek(when he was good) defensively and will be a fan favourite in four years after finishing college and playing a year or two in the AHL.

I also disagree about Nygren being able to be signed as a FA. He was an absolute monster for Färjestad down the stretch and was one of the biggest reasons they won the SEL title. There's a reason we took him 4th round instead of waiting to see if he was there 6th/7th even as an overager.
]Boucher showed nothing until this season playing with Galchenyuk,

Boucher was playing with Grimaldi (my personal favorite for a 2011 1st rounder, check the 2011 draft thread for my idea of trading down twice from 17 to take Biggs, Grimaldi and Jaskin) at the U-18 in 2011 when he scored 8 goals in 6 games.

Scored 62 goals in 68 games this year, most of them without Galchenyuk.

Kessy doesn't have NHL potential

He can play bottom 6 at best, but that is more than Archie will.

Didier could be the next Komisarek

Overpaid AHL scrub? I hope not!

waiting to see if he was there 6th/7th even as an overager

You are probably right about Nygren being a late bloomer that everyone wanted, but I just feel like drafting an overager is a waste of a pick.

In 2011 Timmins didn't do anything I wanted him to...then in 2012 I got everything I wanted and more!