View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
one of those trades that no one had a clue why it was done at the time but could pay off big time... Lindberg looks more of an NHL player over Werek...
Seemed like a lateral move at the time, Werek's offense for Lindberg's defense. I liked that we were acquiring a guy who looks like a natural Center, we have been weak on natural centers since I could remember. As far as comparisons, O'reilly is a good one, but I always say once a player gets to the big league they have elements of more than one player, very rare when any two hockey players are totally alike, though some goons and tweeners could be easily classified in that regard. I saw elements of Jon Toews in OL's game this year. Of course that doesn't mean he's gonna be that exact player, but he has it in him to bring that kind of game

This year I could see early on he was gonna have a special year. Just looks like the guy who wants the puck and better yet puts himself in position for the puck to find him. Plus he's a force in the dot. If he doesn't play the majority of 3rd line Center minutes next year I'll be surprised.