View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 04:17 PM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I'm still guessing it will be Monahan as he seems like a Rutherford kind of guy.

Hard working, two-way center with some offensive capability and a smart player with character. Maybe not as much upside, but less risk and good all around and should be able to transition to the NHL quickly. Kind of sounds like a bigger, more talented, better offensive version of Brandon Sutter.

I also expect that one of the Barkov, Druin, Nichushkin drops to a pick beyond #5. Look at last year, TSN/McKenzie had Forsberg at #3 and he was picked #11. Teravainen was ranked #7 and was picked #18. 2010 had Gormley and Fowler ranked #4 and #5 and they went #14 and #13 respectively.

Based solely upon what I am reading, it seems that there are a lot of very good players in this draft, but none of them seem to be head and shoulders above the rest.
I was looking through some draft history the past couple days, and it certainly seems that way. Regardless of how things shake out, I think it's safe to say we're gonna get a pretty special player at 5.