View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
So would I. Couterier has good upside, but this team has too many Centers and not enough Defenseman right now.
Do we?

We have one center who is solidly and reliably filling his role and that's Giroux. The #2C role is not solidly in Schenn's possession. With in his reach sure, but he's not exactly a proven #2. Couturier's got fantastic upside and has been given no opportunity to produce offensively. There's a lot of reasons to think he's going to be a fantastic #2 in a couple years. Laughton is a nice prospect, and that's it. Penciling him as anything more than a #3 going forward is too optimistic for me. If all three guys pan out we could have a surplus of one top 9 center. But things could just as easily not pan out for one or several.

As for Defensemen . . .

Coburn - Grossmann
Gustafsson - Meszaros
Schenn - Timonen
Lauridsen

****. You've got a point after Kimmo retires. I wouldn't start kicking tires on a C-for-D deal until the deadline next season with an eye toward moving at the 2014 draft. At that point it'll be a little clearer just what we've got in all our centers and just what part of Kimmo's game we can afford to lose the most (we're not going to get someone to replace him, the best we can do is pick what part of his game we need to replace).

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 05-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote