View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Personally, I think Meszaros is going to rebound this year. He had two bad years with injuries, and really, it was about a season and a half when it comes down to it. Part of the problem with Meszaros is that I think he was rushed back too soon from back surgery. The Achilles and shoulder injuries were fluke injuries.

The Flyers should be more concerned about how drastically Coburn crapped the bed last year with his play. Some will blame it on the shortened season, but fact is, when Coburn was needed, he faltered and faltered badly. I honestly don't know if the coaching staff and management have faith in him anymore.

As for Grossmann, the concussion is really worrisome because his balance has been affected. If he still hasn't recovered sufficiently by training camp, I think it may be the last time we see Grossmann in a Philadelphia uniform.

I also don't think that scrambling and blowing things up by trading Couturier, Laughton or the Flyers 1st round pick this year is the correct fix. Blowing things up and trading picks and players is something they've pretty much done year in and year out. They need to relax and let the younger players take their lumps and earn their stripes. Panicking and moving every young player out is not the effective long term solution. Build from the draft, be smart in signing free agents, and making smart trades that won't set the team back is the way to do things.
Great minds think alike. Coburn is a vet I would move if need be. The only issue I have with Mez is that he seems to not handle pain all that well. But I to hope he rebounds and heals up. The Flyers just need to stay the course.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote