View Single Post
Old
05-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I don't think pain is what Mez can't handle. It's playing with an injury that isn't fully healed that he knows could be aggravated at any time by even fairly minor contact.
Tochett commented on his willingness and ability to play hurt for Tampa when he was on the Post Game Live broadcasts a couple years ago. If Tochett thinks you're tough, that's good enough for me. Like you, and likely everyone, I just wish he could stay healthy. The only time in the last few years he's gotten to play a full season healthy was his first here, and he won the award as our best defenseman that year. I honestly think he has #1 defenseman skillset, at least physically. He skates and hits on that level, he shoots and passes the puck with the skill of a #1. His hockey sense is decent. He just can't stay healthy and settle into a groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The reality is that this team isn't a cup contender next year and there is no player available, like Weber, that will make them so. Elder and Yandle are complimentary defenseman that you add as a final piece to get you over the hump, not instantly make you ready to compete against the Kings, Blackhawks, and Bruins of the world. Not to mention the Flyers nor their prospect pool is deep enough to make such a trade and not downgrade the team anther position. The best option IMO is to see what they can get for Read or as UFAs to improve the defense and let the kids mature another year.
I agree. I think next Summer is the one where you decide what you're doing. What needs to happen to get this team better can happen with this roster. We had a rough year with injuries at the position we could least tolerate it (and I thought our D call-ups were surprisingly competent). We had no back up goalie so we ran our average starter into the ground until he sucked ass. Let's give this roster another go next year with some time to heal up and some better-but-still-average depth in goal.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote