View Single Post
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Anderson will be given a free pass and there will be appreciation threads about him because the excuse is that the Pens are scoring machines. Well, anybody is a scoring machine if you give them a ton of great chances. In the Ottawa series, the goals Price let it, even in game 1, Anderson was letting them in tonight, the previous game and prior to that as well. The point is that he plays a certain style that is best exemplified by his game 2 performance. If you let ottawa walk in on him alone a million times, that's the same as having James Neal light you up for a hat trick. Look what has happened to Lundqvist.

Price is held to this standard where every goal allowed is horrible. I admitted it when he sucked and was legitimately p'ssed, but IMO he was fine in the Ottawa series and the rest of our team was not. Tbf, Erik Gryba had a lot to do with that (and Lucic's knee ftm).

On the Zibanejad kick in (btw, for once Cherry pointed out something great), nobody talks about how Tinordi screened Price in terms of where the puck was and let it go right through his legs and even over his stick. Love the kid, but THAT was why that illegal goal was even allowed to occur.

How many goalies stop shots that go top corner these days? Either they miss or they go in. Pageau does have a good shot, I'll give him that, and he made those two count. Maybe it would be nice not to give him those opportunities/he converted them so credit to the shooter.

The whole series was a clusterfck, but apart from letting the lead slip in game 1, Price made lots of key and timely saves to give the bulldogs a chance. I don't know what happened to Budaj from the regular season cuz he disappeared quickly/damn you diaz!
I'm glad you brought up how Anderson crumbled in the last two games under the constant shelling. It reminds me of how Halak weakened against the Flyers after taking so many shots from the Caps and Penguins. The Sens totally outplayed the Habs, not to mention that they added injury to insult (my transposition of terms was intentional). And, as you point out, Budaj couldn't stop them either. I also delight in mentioning that Bylsma lost confidence in Fleury, who failed even though he was playing for the best team in the East.

I look forward to seeing Price supported by a healthy Hab team stocked with bigger, better Dmen and forwards who can keep the puck in the other team's ice.