View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 10:01 AM
yave1964
22 and counting

vCash: 500
Kudos on a great year

Imagine that the Red Wings lost Jimmy Howard, Nick Kronwall and Zetterberg for significant stretches of the season.
Or if the Kings lost Kopitar, Doughty and quick.

That is the situation facing the Senators this season, with the loss of Anderson, Karlsson and Spezza for chunks of the season, yet the made the playoffs, ambushed the Canadiens in the first round, and while they ran out of gas and magic against the Penguins the experience should be invaluable for this young club going forward. Spezza didn't return until the last few games where he joined his mates on top of last stand hill surrounded by Penguins. Karlsson played on one leg.
I am a huge, lifelong Wings fan, I love good hockey, your club provided some fun moments this season. The Paulrus making Therrien cry was one of the highlights of the year.
The Gonchar situation will have to be addresses, this is the weakest free agent crop for blue liners in a long time, he is the best of the bunch, and as Karlsson insurance personally I think you guys have to resign him if you can get him on a two year deal.
New division next year, I may not like you guys as much going forward, you were the team I watched in the East this year (Next year I gotta pick a club to watch in the West. That will feel weird) and in a division with the Bruins, Wings, Leafs and Canadiens, I still am going on a limb and saying the Senators will finish no worse than second if not higher next season.
Congrats on a great year.

yave1964 is offline   Reply With Quote