View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillaege View Post
Nathan Horton is #1 on my wish list this summer. This team desperately needs a shoot first type player and he fits the bill. Not a mean player, but he's 6'2 and 230 lbs and knows how to use it to create space for himself. He's been a consistent 25-30 g, 60 pt player playing with good players like Weiss and Krejci, but he's never had an opportunity to play with elite talent. Put him on Spezza's wing, and on a power play with Karlsson, and I think he can hit 35+ goals.

Boston has $10.5 in cap space this offseason with 16 players signed, and re-signing Rask and Ference will eat up pretty much all of that. I don't think they can afford to keep him. With the cap dropping, all the classic free agent destinations won't have the room to offer him very much, and we'll be in a unique situation to entice a top flight UFA. If we offer him $5.5-$6 per, can any team match that? Not to mention Ottawa is looking like a real competitive team going forward.
I havent taken a look at who's available, but I'm with you on Horton. We need that shoot first type of guy. What are the chances he becomes available though? It seems in todays NHL not a lot of guys even hit free agency anymore. We'll have to do something via trade is my guess.

edit: Just looking around, what do people think of Pierre Marc Bouchard?

Last edited by PeterSidorkiewicz: 05-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.