View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Not arguing with the general gist of your post... but I would definitely take Fistric off that list. He's exactly the type of bottom pairing dman the team needs... physical and decent enough defensively to not be a liability out there.

Before someone points out that Fistric has no offensive dimension...
he obviously isn't there for his offense, BUT he also had more points than both Smid and Potter and played fewer games and fewer minutes than them.

I personally think Fistric was under utilized on the team. If the Oilers weren't so offensively devoid of talent from most of their other dmen they could have left Fistric on the bottom pairing all season, instead they had to rotate Potter/Whitney in and out trying to find some spark from their blueline. Fistric was a replacement for Sutton (and a good one).. and I don't think he deserves to be on the list of "crappy, worthless players". I hope he is back again with the Oilers next year.
That ISN'T a list of worthless, crappy players. I only said that I consider them worse than Smyth. And I don't consider Smyth to be worthless and crappy. I take issue with the classlessness of the thread title.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote