Thread: Post-Game Talk: BOS @ NYR | Still Alive
View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Basically the Bruins were driving the play for the first 3 and a half games. The Rangers gathered up some confidence in the second half of the last game and had the edge for that second half. The Bruins have been breaking out easier and have been winning more battles in the corners and along the walls. They're better at face-offs. They drive the net harder and their defense have better shots from the point. Rask is a very good (not great goalie). Three of the games have been close but that has a lot to do with our goalie. He's allowed us to hang around in at least 3 of the 4 games--no matter how subpar he may have been in the first game.

Personnel wise Boston has the better team. It might be closer if Richards was the player we thought he was going to be. I also prefer our defense corps (when it's all healthy) to theirs. None of our guys have the big shots that Chara, Boychuk or Krug have but Staal, Girardi and McDonagh are excellent defenders--Del Zotto, Stralman and Moore are very good as well and Eminger is fairly decent. Part of my preference though is because our corps is quite a bit younger. Their forwards are killing us. They have more size, strength and edge and even their 4th liners have pretty good skill. The reason why Haley and Newbury are okay is they can both skate pretty well and they both play a mean spirited game. Just hopefully they won't take needless penalties.

Boston at home certainly has the edge today. If the Rangers win though the Rangers are going to have some psychological advantage going into a 6th game at MSG. A couple mistakes though and that can change real quick. I'm not sure we're capable of coming back from being 2 goals down again. If the Bruins get that kind of lead again their foot is going right on the gas pedal then.

That's my synopsis of the series so far.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote