View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Larionov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
What happened to JOB the last third of the season? So far down the depth chart he ceased to exist? Some sort of hush-hush injury?
I had the same question. O'Brien played well last year in the playoffs, and is a big rangy guy who skates well. I would have played him over Conacher is the Pittsburgh series. For whatever reason, he fell down the depth chart and into the dog house.

Gonchar will be interesting. The Sens will probably offer a one year deal, but if he can beat that elsewhere, as Carkner did, he'll go. Frankly, I think we will be outbid for Gonchar in free agency, and that's OK - we have Weircoch, and hopefully Ceci after a year in Bingo. (I think Ceci will be a very good NHL player after a year of getting tougher, mentally and physically. That will turn out to have been a steal of a pick.)

Another interesting question is who gets let go from Bingo. You are only allowed 50 NHL contracts, and our picks (Ceci, Noesen, Peumpel) will count next year. A few of our guys in Bingo will end up getting dumped. At some point in your mid 20s, you are who you are as a player, and if you haven't made the big team they are going to drop you for a new prospect. It's the Circle of Life.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote