View Single Post
Old
05-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I love a physical team as much as the next fan, but in the Pens series we took penalties for pressing our faces against the glass too hard. The Islanders played a high pressure game against the Pens and probably could have won if they had the level of goaltending we have. I think a physical team is great in the playoffs except when you are playing the pet team that is supposed to win it all. A high pressure team, like what Devils used to be during their cup runs (except without the boring hockey please) is probably the best recipe for success in the playoffs.
The officiating seemed pretty biased and was generally pretty poor. I can't remember the last time I have seen a playoff series so poorly officiated.

I guess we will see how the Bruins perform against the Penguins. They are a very physical team, but they also have a whole lot of skill. It will be interesting to see whether that is the right recipe to beat the Penguins. It certainly helped the Flyers last year; they really brought the physicality to the Penguins and it helped them get Malkin and Crosby off their games.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote