Old
05-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Hunter Gathers
Raise hell and . . .

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
As much as I like disagreeing with you, I have to agree with your posts in the GDT that Hank is not the same Hank from last year. People are really emoing out with what you are saying. He is still great, but not exactly what he was last year. I feel like he definitely isn't getting as much help this year as he was last, which might be the main factor.
Well, certain posters here have an all-or-nothing take with what I and others say. If I say that Hank had a bad game, I am instantly a hater and blaming World War II on him. Much like today's politics, there is apparently no room for a moderate voice who is neither a lover nor a hater. It's annoying and unfortunate. There is no in between with some people. Hank is either untouchable or he's bashed mercilessly (though the bashing is far less frequent than the over-the-top praising).

I do agree with the second part of this paragraph, too. I don't feel like he got as much help this year. We had a **** bottom 6 for much of the season. I think he got that help after the trade deadline, but he was left out to dry quite often before it. My main complaint with his play this year was even after he was helped he still let in bad goals more than he did last year and other years.

It is what it is. It's a team game and I think he needs to take some of the blame. His rebound control trapped us in the zone so often when he could have just eaten up the puck if he could get it under the control. But it is what it is. I don't think he will get any better at this point, so the team needs to adapt around him instead of the other way around.