Thread: Player Discussion: Post-season NYR report card
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 07:44 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
The marks are not "absolut" marks, but rather how the players performed compared to the expectations:

45 Arron Asham: B Best "enforcer" in recent years, showed some offense with a wicked shot
43 Martin Biron: C Decent backup, but I think he regressed
16 Derick Brassard: A What more can you ask for? Showed some creativity that we haven't seen here in quite some time
22 Brian Boyle: C Pretty bad regular season, but was one of the few that showed up during the playoffs
24 Ryan Callahan (C): C- Ok regular season, playoffs were worse. Has to be better
29 Ryane Clowe: I I liked what I saw, but is was just too few games
4 Michael Del Zotto: D Desaster in the playoffs, seems to regress while he should really improve
15 Derek Dorsett: D Seems to me like a pretty stupid player
44 Steve Eminger: C I think he has done ok even as a regular, good #7
97 Matt Gilroy: D+ Once was an offensive dman, or am I remembering it completely wrong? No offense whatsoever, some defensive mistakes
5 Dan Girardi: C+ Not as good as last season, but still a warrior
62 Carl Hagelin: B- Was our best palyer at the start of the season, then disappeared. At least showed something in the playoffs
32 Micheal Haley: I Can't say I noticed him much
40 Roman Hamrlik: I Brutal in his last game, but also not enough games to grade him. He's done anyway
20 Chris Kreider: C Yes, Tortorella didn't really do him many favors, but Kreider also didn't show much during most of the season. At least turned it up in the playoffs
30 Henrik Lundqvist: A- After a slower than usual start he turned in yet another Vezina-calibre season. He saved us in many playoff games, but also let in quite a few soft goals in the Bruins series. Hence the -
27 Ryan McDonagh: B+ I think he was our best defenseman overall, but he didn't quite reach last year's level
17 John Moore: B+ Really like what I saw, McD "lite". If he improves, we have a very good defense
61 Rick Nash: C His regular season was mostly good, he did what we expected and what we payed for. But then he disappeared down the stretch when we were fighting for the playoffs and he never quite recovered. Our prime offensive player just has to do a lot better in the playoffs
28 Kris Newbury: D I just don't see what he brings to the team. Richards was bad, but I think he was still better than Newbury
8 Darroll Powe: C- Better than Rupp, but a black hole on offense
14 Taylor Pyatt: C+ Strong start to the season and decent finish in the playoffs. In between though, he was MIA
19 Brad Richards (A): D- Not good enough. After turning it up a bit late in the season I hoped for a good playoff performance, but he did just nothing
18 Marc Staal (A): B+ Probably tied with McD for best defenseman, but his season was cut too short. If only he had worn a visor...
21 Derek Stepan: A- Great regular season with a fantastic performance down the stretch. Couldn't nearly keep it up in the playoffs though
6 Anton Stralman: A- For someone signed off the scrap, he has completely exceeded expectations since then. Even improved from last year and was maybe our best defenseman in the playoffs
36 Mats Zuccarello: B+ Much more effective than in his first stay here. Even in the playoffs he found room for himself and helped our offense. I hope he'll be back

John Tortorella: D No concept for the offense, no adapting, poor man management
Mike Sullivan: F The powerplay was a complete failure and it cost us
Benoit Allaire: A- He's responsible for Lundqvist, so he gets his mark
Glen Sather: B- UFA signings were average, the price for Clowe seems too steep, but the Gaborik trade looks great right now

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote