View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
Gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
if morrison was the centerpiece of a line, that line wouldn't be very good. to me, that means he's not a legit #1 center. the other team doesn't make a game plan and say "we really have to stop MORRISON tonight". of course, it's not as much a slight on morrison as it is a basic statement- the league is not littered with legit #1 centers. a few that come to mind? joe thornton, mats sundin, sergei fedorov, joe sakic, peter forsberg, mike modano, jason allison (when healthy)...there are more of them too, but i'm lazy
That's a really good point, neelynugs. Thornton centering Bert and Nas would just be crazy-good and shows how much Joe is worth and how much he's lost and unmotivated on a horrible bruins team.

It looks like there is not a suitable Joe one-way trade out there that makes sense for the B's or the trade partner. I think that what's really required in a Thornton trade is a package 3-way blockbuster deal. Thornton + another player from the B's in order to snag a big return (Hedjuk + Jovocop, for example).

Perhaps we should change the subject...what THREE WAY TRADES would you suggest involving Joe Thornton. And BTW, I'll retract the Rick Nash comment I made to start off with...but boy, Joe's first two seasons were not world-beaters.