Old
05-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadesofFutility View Post
We could have kept Coots if we had retained Carle and traded Coburn,
instead of chasing after FA who wanted to sign in elsewhere.
Would prefer to trade Coots to Laughton, Laughton is a better skater.

Carle would have been cheaper in assets than to trade for Yandle.
Carle would have been good as a 2nd pairing PMD.
All PMD turn over the puck. so I do not get all the hate he generates.
Carle might have resigned here cheaper than what he got in TB.

Bad planning by front office - now might have to trade Coots.
Carle is horrible. He was an absolute disaster in Tampa this year. Tampa fans, although probably reactionary, were calling to buy him out already. at 3.5 million he was a nice addition on this team, at 5.5 he is a liability.

Also Ryan Suter was the prized free agent on the market. We all would have been pissed if the Flyers didn't try to get him. He is the PMD you are so desperatly after, yet you fault Homer for chasing him. DLEED said he heard that Suter wanted to play west, well he really isn't too far west. I could have said he wasn't coming here, you know why, because I have a much higher chance of being right than wrong. It's not that difficult for people to do that. 1-30 chance you have. The Flyers were in discussions to re-sign Carle, but his agent was wanting too much. The Flyers made the right move there no doubt.

You want the Flyers to draft a defenseman every 4 years or so, what if that defenseman doesn't pan out? Then you will complain that Holmgren picked the wrong player. People can't keep trying to explain this to you, you must select BPA no matter what position. It is for the better of the organization. Look at some recent drafts and reaches. Thomas Hickey is one. There are many other, teams that draft for needs usually end up with the wrong end of the stick. I am not ruling out drafting a defender, but if a player is there the Flyers feel will have a better career over one of the defenseman i this draft class, you take him. No matter what this organization needs. Also we need any high end potential players coming into this team at all positions. We have a horrible farm system, and need to replenish that, at all positions.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote