View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I think you're bang on with most of your assessment here 77. Aside from the loading up..I agree with pretty much everything. I feel London had more than enough tools to win it all. They didn't need to make moves to strengthen..they needed to utilize what they had much better. When you have big bodies in Leroux,Sefton,Zadorov..why park them on the bench on the PP? Put them down low on the top of the blue..and pump the shots in. The Harlem Globetrotter mentality on the PP was brutal to watch. Passing is great..but if you're not forcing the goaltender back into his net...you're not gonna score very often on it. As a former goaltender myself..if I'm able to play the top of my crease during a PK...I'm loving it. Pass it all you want.

I've also never been a fan of Dark's teachings in goal. I've watched our goaltenders look completely lost for long stretches over the past few years(aside from Houser). Something is missing there and I believe it's how they are being taught. Yes he coached Engelage in Windsor and got great results..but a tutor shooter could have won the Memorial Cup with that team in front. Never been a huge fan...doubt that will change anytime soon.

It's a year where I look at it this way. This team is talented and very young. When you can return a full roster and only have 1-3 spots open for newcomers..you just might be a year ahead of schedule. Last year stung me a hell of a lot more than this year has. I really didn't expect them to win the big prize...last year I did.
Ya last year hurt. This year not so much. I had Bill as a goalie coach a long time ago. Not a fan. Engleage is and was garbage. If i had his size id be playing in the show for 7figures.
You are right with the powerplay, it makes it too easy for the tender.
Next year the expectations and pressure will be there...and i think they will step up and meet every challenge presented.