View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 01:00 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Like Nonis said there are numbers that make sense for the Leafs and there are numbers that make sense for Bozak. Bozak looks at Grabovski's contract and naturally thinks he's worth that, the Leafs obviously don't. In my opinion a player who can't put up 50 to 60 points in the league no matter how good they are in the dot are not worth 5.5 million dollars. ADIOS Tyler.
Interesting Nonis didn't use words like "there is a number that will make sense for both." I see this as showing disinterest in the basic numbers they have received from the Bozak camp, and not necessarily in the player himself though. It is possible that the Leafs management, like the Bozaphiles on this site, actually do think of him as an adequate #1 center, based on cost and other areas where they see a greater need for improvement. They thought so this season right? This may mean ADIO Tyler, the $5 million dollar man, but he is back, and back on the top line, if the Lefs get their magic number.

IMHO any figure he would agree to would make him grossly overpaid outside of top 6 duty, as I am fairly certain he wouldn't outproduce $1.5 million McClement if used the same way, and he will cost minimum twice that. At least around $3 million might make him movable if/when he is ever replaced on the top line. once again, salary retention might be required.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote