View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Everyone healthy means:

Left side--Staal, McDonagh, Moore, Del Zotto
Right side-Girardi, Stralman.

Waiting in the wings on the right side is McIlrath.

Del Zotto's played on the right side but he's much better on the left. He did not have a very good playoffs--generated little offense and had numerous defensive breakdowns. He was wilting under pressure.

I don't think there are very many people calling him a bust--even if the same are looking to move him. Like any other player you move him for the right return. If you don't get that then you don't move him.

The one thing I would point out is the overbalance of left to right side d-men which is why I wouldn't move either Girardi or Stralman--and good right side defensemen are not easy to find. I'm looking at righty shooting UFA d-men and it begins and just about ends with Ben Lovejoy. As to the comment that we need Del Zotto around for depth--???? Del Zotto is too good a player to be kept around for depth--same with Moore. Personally at this point I prefer all of Staal, McDonagh (and those two aren't even close) and Moore to Del Zotto. If we're looking at this recent debacle of a series if there was any d-man leading our offense it was McD and IMO McD is as capable of putting up just about the same offense over the course of a season as MDZ and provide much better defense as well.