View Single Post
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Brown Dog
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I didn't mention anything about offensive production you did, other than I pointed out he outproduced the comparable reference contract last season. Unless you want to debate that Bozak didn't outscore Grabovski last season.

If I were in Nonis position I would let Bozak walk for the money he is requesting because as I pointed out earlier "two wrongs don't make a right".. One bad contract in Grabovski shouldn't force Nonis into another one with Bozak.

Just because Bozak is Leafs #1 center by default by Leafs having nothing better, doesn't mean he is worth being paid as one.. I'm sure Nonis is fully aware of that situation and "in Nonis we trust" to do the right thing, and not hurt the Leafs further, and not let mistakes of the past govern good decisions going forward.
I don't even think the Grabovski contract has anything to do with it (other than that Bozak's agent may use Grabo and his contract as a reference point).

The way I see it, there are only two ways Bozak re-signs here: 1) he decides he wants to stay with this team more than he wants a big payday; 2) Nonis sees him as a legit top 6 centre and intends to move Grabovski.

Doesn't sound like either of those scenarios are going to play out, so it looks like Bozak is done in Toronto. Can't really blame either side.

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote