View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Im preparing to get flamed for what I am about to say...

Is there a chance...Jones is playing to not get hurt in the Memorial Cup?

I see flashes of what everyone has talked about but at times he seems to lack a bit of effort.

Now the reason I suggest this is because you dont become or even get close to being the "top prospect" with the play we have seen in the Memorial Cup. I dont think he is playing at his best by far which is why I proposed the idea above. Im not saying he has been bad, but he also hasnt exactly been great. There is more in him...

Feel free to flame this idea, but I could see a guy who feels his play over the course of the year will outweigh the play in a tourny and wants to stay healthy to solidify the #1 draft spot.

Just a thought.
He's not lacking effort. If anything, he could be lacking energy. He's used to playing 50 games a season. This year he's up near 80 or 90 games. I know for a fact that most junior players, especially the younger ones, do get a bit tired at the end of such a long year.

The guy has had to transition to the WHL, play a full season, going to Russia for World Juniors, playing in the top prospects game, playing in the WHL finals, now the Memorial Cup.

That's a long season with a ton of travel.