Memorial Cup Thread Part II
View Single Post
05-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by
So basically what you're saying is that unless Jones does some serious conditioning/workout this summer, his first NHL season might be pretty gruesome for him?
He's not going to get any gimme games in the NHL like he did in the WHL, and will have a long schedule. I'll be fine with any player we pick, but I'm still unsure if having Jones up in the NHL the first year will be as productive as some people say.
There will be a few big differences:
- He'll be playing fewer minutes with the Avalanche then he has been with Portland. Although he will be against tougher opposition, which is a valid point.
- NHL teams fly instead of ride a bus for hours on end.
- He'll have another year to be bigger, stronger and better conditioned.
- He won't have to make the exhausting trip to Russia mid-season, and be expected to not miss a beat both at the event and after his return.
- He will have the Olympic break to rest and regroup.
Overall I'm optimistic that he'll be very strong for us next season, even if it does come with some stretches of "mistakes" due to various reasons including being a bit tired and adjusting to much bigger, stronger and faster opposition.
View Public Profile
R S's albums
Find More Posts by R S