View Single Post
05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
So stop *****ing about his performance then. He still managed to put up 2 Game winners and a clutch 3rd goal in game 4. He was our leading goal scorer. Stepan did his job. Backstrom was shut down, Bergeron was shut down, and Stepan put up some clutch goals. He was fine.

Also, if Nash was really not hurt, I want him traded ASAP.
I said nothing such about Stepan. I was in fact defending him in this thread.

Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And? He is not the only major offensive threat on this team. So is Derek Stepan, I don't see ******** excuses for him like it was for Nash as being "double-teamed" by top defenders. That is one of the more silliest things I've heard.

I don't really buy that. Nash isn't that good. He played with another scoring threat in Carter and Carter had his worst stretch of his career. He played with Gaborik and he was eventually shipped off 30 games in. Elite players make others around them better and I don't see that effect from Nash. Good 1st line complimentary scorer however.
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nash was matched up against the Chara unit and the Lucic line.

Stepan was matched up against Bergeron's unit and Boychuk unit.

Chara is an elite defenseman, but Bergeron is the best defensive forward in hockey.

Stepan scored at higher rate down the stretch, I am inclined to believe he, as a playmaking center made the linemates around him better. He was producing with Callahan or Nash on his wing. Just my opinion.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote