Memorial Cup Thread Part II
View Single Post
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
There will be a few big differences:
- He'll be playing fewer minutes with the Avalanche then he has been with Portland. Although he will be against tougher opposition, which is a valid point.
- NHL teams fly instead of ride a bus for hours on end.
- He'll have another year to be bigger, stronger and better conditioned.
- He won't have to make the exhausting trip to Russia mid-season, and be expected to not miss a beat both at the event and after his return.
- He will have the Olympic break to rest and regroup.
Overall I'm optimistic that he'll be very strong for us next season, even if it does come with some stretches of "mistakes" due to various reasons including being a bit tired and adjusting to much bigger, stronger and faster opposition.
Fair points, I completely forgot about the Olympic break.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by PAZ