Thread: Player Discussion: Post-season NYR report card
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 04:26 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Playoffs:

Asham--chipped in with a couple nice goals--more than I expected. Had a problem keeping up with the Bruins. C+
Boyle--played strong throughout the playoffs. B
Brassard--proved himself a big time player. A
Callahan--played hard as usual--didn't produce enough. C+
Clowe--inc.
Dorsett--I like this guy and think he's going to be a great addition. Some dumb penalties drop him to a C.
Hagelin--his speed and skating are great. Not great along the boards. Could chip in a bit more offense. C.
Haley--did okay with limited minutes. C.
Kreider--some games he looks real good--some games you don't know if he's even playing. Moved up to Nash's line he got better. C.
Nash--played against the other team's top d-pairs but even so the Rangers needed more production. C-.
Newbury--did his job in limited minutes. C.
Powe--defensive plugger. Almost no offense. C-.
Pyatt--stepped up his game from a sorry regular season. Played physically and chipped in some offense. Wish he played meaner. C+
Richards--pretty much sucked throughout. F.
Stepan--like Cally he played hard throughout. Chipped in some hard fought goals. Needed to produce more. B-
Zuccarello--played hard and made some nice plays--would have been nice if he scored more and his size can be a detriment when his line gets pinned in its own zone. B-.

Del Zotto--mediocre performance vs. the Caps--brutal vs. the Bruins. D.
Eminger--I'm okay with him as a No. 6--forced into more ice time--he played hard but was in way over his head. Effort was there. C+
Girardi--logged huge minutes. Mostly very good performances with a couple stinkers. B.
Hamrlik--crapped out on the series winning goal. He's old and he's done. D.
McDonagh--our best defender throughout. A.
Moore--played pretty well for a young defender pretty wet behind the ears. Excellent skater--good with the puck and in his own end. C+.
Staal--inc.
Stralman--one of our best players these playoffs. B+.

Lundqvist--played great though I've seen him play better. He wasn't the problem though. B+

Tortorella--C+.

Last edited by eco's bones: 05-26-2013 at 08:49 PM.
eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote