View Single Post
Old
10-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Last year Florida took some significant strides to get rid of the dead weight and attitude problems. If Bert comes in and doesn't want to play hard every day, I think he'll get a swift kick in the arse from Jokinen, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Gratton, Van Ryn, Gelinas, etc... He won't have his buddy Naslund here to protect him. If he can't adjust, he will probably find his way out the door via a trade. As far as playing a stronger defensive game, it can be done. Mike Modano did it in Dallas. But then, IMO Modano >>> Bertuzzi.

IMO - Luongo simply became too much of the focus of this team and his attitude at the end stunk. I want this and I want that blah blah blah. No one player is more important than the team. Luongo is arguably (and boy have we) one of the best goalies in the league but what a frickin whiner. A few years ago when Lou Lamoriello thought the Arnott, Elias, Sykora line had become too much of the focus and not the team, he made a calculated risk and blew it up by trading Arnott and then Sykora. All NJ did the following year was win the Cup.

One thing that has really impressed me in the player interviews this year is that all of the players are taking responsibility for the team's success instead of blaming it on management, lack of consistency in ownership, not enough experience players...

Everyone has their opinions on this matter and the truth is we won't know what to expect until Friday. I am willing to give the guy a fair shot. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for an athlete. Sometimes it is not.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote