Old
05-26-2013, 09:44 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
The way grabo is playing he is at least 2.5M+
Third line center for what he brings to the table should get no more than 3M at most.

My two cents

1. If Bozak wants 4-5M then he is gone.
2. Nonis will replace him with someone through FA or trade.
3. If #2 happens then Grabo will be given next year to improve his play and if not he will be traded or bought out. Cant have another year like the last one with no offense at 5.5M
If they trade or FA to fill the #1 center spot, rather than try Grabo, I would expect him to be dealt over the summer. He could have a much better year, but it is impossible for him to play anywhere close to his contract with the icetime and the linemates he had. You can't get 50 points out of someone who plays 15 minutes a game, and mostly with Kulemin and McClement. If he was a gritty checking machine who was 60% on the FO and hit like Komorov you might put up with 35 points but he isn't that guy. I sort of know in theory why they used him as they did, but they had to know he wasn't likely a fit, and you don't pay any player $5 million a year for that role.
If Boz stays, the $5.5 million 3rd liner goes, simple as that. I can't guess at how high the club might go on a Bozak deal. That will maybe be the most interesting part of the summer as to whether Bozak can be signed to a deal which would not make him untradeable. Of course if they manage to move Grabovski without eating slary, than anything is possible.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote