View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Here is a link to Leafs player stats from the 2012-13 season. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statisti...hl-maple_leafs

Bozak produced 12 goals 16 assists 28 points and Grabovski produced 9 goals 7 assists and 16 points.

Therefore Bozak produced more offense. Not sure were the confusion or debate is over my statement being inaccurate.

If Bozak were to continue to be employed as Leafs #1 center and play on the 1st PP unit he is likely to continue to outproduce Grabovski in the future.

If a player is playing ahead of on the depth chart and producing more than his own teammate then he is going to demand >= money is my theory.. Based on recent reports Bozak asking price is north of $5 mil and Grabovski is making $5.5 mil presently, so it appears to be supported in this case, that he is asking for similar $$.
I'm pretty sure if Grabovski had the same percentage of offensive zone starts as Bozak + his linemates, he would not only match his offensive production but better it. Grabovski is a better player than Bozak.

Grabo had a higher even strength scoring rate than Bozak despite playing with lesser teammates and against much tougher competition. Simply put, Grabovski was put in a position to struggle this year and thus produced less than he is capable of producing.

Last edited by Crispy Crust: 05-26-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote