View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Nullus Reverentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Five years between IV and V, four years between SAF and IV. No way they go a complete dev cycle before releasing for next-gen.

Figure 6 months +/- after current-gen release before they launch on next-gen.
Well GTA isn't the only game that Rockstar makes. Since it's likely that Rockstar is going to do the same thing they did with GTA IV, make two episodic games that are about half as long as the original, I could see them releasing that next gen but Rockstar doesn't handle ports themselves, they hand it off to one of their other devs. And we've seen how big a failure that has been. I can't imagine it would be easy to convert the game over to next gen either.

They may put it off to another developer, but I can't see any situation where Rockstar North does it. Their team is completely focused on GTA V and will be focused on making the DLCs after. No chance they split even 10 people off to go port the game over. If it's done, it'll be given to Rockstar Canada or Rockstar San Diego.

I'll probably buy the next gen version too but I would not put money on it happening because the only way it happens is if Rockstar North gives it over to another studio and last time they did that it was a failure.