Thread: Post-Game Talk: End of Season Discussion
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2013, 11:39 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
I don't understand people getting pissed off at this team because they lost in the 2nd round to a very good Bruins team. These were the 3 teams that everyone said would be left in the end in the east. This is not the end of the world considering we will have over $20 million in cap space to re-sign our RFAs and maybe a 3rd line center with the Richards buyout.

And for those saying trade MDZ or trade Staal and get more offense, you have to let this team grow. And it is, there are very good peices on this team, with maybe a few more like Fast, Miller or Lindberg coming up. I also think that at the right price at a two year deal, say 2 yrs 8 mill dollars, I would resign Clowe because you can't waste Henriks career and these next 5 years are extremely important.

In Goal: we are set
In Defense: if we sign Girardi to a decent contract, we are set for the next 10 years.
On forwards: Good peices, maybe another 2nd line or 3rd line forward, and we are set.

Obviously there will be trades along the way, but we have a set core that has been together for the last four years so hopefully next year we might do even better.

So please, stop asking for panic reaction trades, and lets see what happens next year.
Rangers will not be set until they have 2 dmen with good offense. So far they have none.

In the playoffs you need to generate offense from your defense. No team is worse than the Rangers at this.

If it were not for Hank they would be a mediocre team. The Bruins going on with a mediocre goaltender underscores the weakness the Rangers currently face. As highly thought of as Hank is I believe he is underrated.