View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 02:43 AM
RyanHPscout

vCash: 500
Just an update as I haven’t posted in a little bit. We are working away trying to finish up the draft books. It’s more work this year so we are slightly behind where we wanted to be. However we are getting close and will make sure it is worth the wait.

Last year we introduced the NHL Draft Black Book and it was a big success. We are also listening to feedback from the 2012 NHL Draft Guide thread to improve our products. My favorite change, and one that was suggested most for this year is the prospects are now sorted in alphabetical order to make them easier to find and are divided by draft years. Due to our presence in covering groups younger than the NHL Eligibles we were even able to include some 2016 prospects to go along with the 2013, 2014 and 2015 prospects. In total we include scouting reports on over 550 prospects.

The popular game reports are back. Last year we included over 100 reports. This year we include approximately 400 game reports! The game reports include write-ups on prospects for multiple draft years including some who have already been drafted by NHL teams and how they performed in game action.

It’s been a great season and a lot of traveling. Myself and Mark were at the Rochester USA Select 17 camp, followed by Team Canada’s Ivan Hlinka tryouts. From there we had 3 scouts (including myself) at the Four Nations Cup in Ann Arbor, MI. We had 5 scouts in attendance (including myself) at the World U17 Championships in Victoriaville & Drummondville, plus one of our scouts covered the Five Nations in Sweden and finally our Director of Scouting Mark Edwards made the trip to the IIHF U18 Championships in Sochi, Russia.

We wanted to make sure we traveled all over the continent and the globe to make sure we could give you the most accurate and informative scouting reports you'll find. It has been a busy, tiring but fun year. We have a strong passion for what we do, and I think that's something you'll notice when you read our reports.

I mentioned the 2012 NHL Draft Guide thread here on HF boards earlier on in this post. While you wait, I would encourage you to flip through it. I think it would be a great read for those who are unsure which product they would like to buy or just want to know more about the products and the scouting services who provide those products. It includes the reviews that were part of the basis of our improvements for this year’s products and overall were reviews which we were very proud of.

Here is the link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1080991

Last edited by RyanHPscout: 05-27-2013 at 03:07 AM.
RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote