View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 07:49 AM
marciiauzii

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I daresay expecting more than 1G in the playoffs is not too much for a player like Nash. And Richards ending as a healthy scratch isn't exactly what I was hoping for either.

If you're just talking about regular season, then yes, I'd say Nash met expectations (but by no means exceeded them) while Richards was slightly below par (putrid start, decent end).

But the playoffs are at least as important as the regular season, and there both failed. I don't see how you could even argue that.
Everybody thought that this is it. Nash to become top point getter in league, Gaborik goal scorer and Richards best playmaker. If we look back before season started, thats what everybody expected. That is where everybody started to go to hell in this season.
Yes playoffs came and they struggled but did they have enough support? They were dominated by Bruins, not Richards and Nash, but the whole team except King. And Caps were the better team too if wasnt for Lundqvist so this Richards, Nash blame cant go too far. This is the first season for Nash here and I guess that 4 game sweep from Detroit when he was with CBJ didnt help a lot. Experience here played a factor too for Nash.
For Richards it was just asking too much of him. Tortorella asking. He is not that defensive player that Torts wants everyone to be.
Buy him out and he will be close to PPG next season with another team.

marciiauzii is offline   Reply With Quote