Thread: Post Game Talk: End of Season Discussion
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 09:34 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Krug was very impressive and I liked more than just his shot. I liked the way he efficiently moved the puck around. The Rangers did not hit him a lot or enough--whether because he was too elusive for our forwards I don't know. Some of his skills seemed a notch above Del Zotto's. OTOH he's a bit smaller than MDZ and size is something that's always hampered Del Zotto and I expect Krug is going to have some problems with that too. Most likely he'll always need to be paired with a big, physical stay at home guy.

To be honest--Del Zotto's improved his defense a bit since he's come into the league. He's still not that great and can be the weak link at times. In our own zone McDonagh, Girardi and Staal seem light years ahead of him and Stralman and Moore are also much better. His offense has not really improved. He rarely breaks anyone with a stretch pass anymore. His shot can be inaccurate and is kind of average as far as velocity. He tries to force plays often that just aren't there. As far as the pwp let's ask ourselves what a pwp qb actually does. He runs the pwp--he's a go to set up guy. Brings the puck up the ice and makes plays that lead to scoring opportunities.