Old
05-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I agree, KingBogo.

If the Jets look at a Buff deal as a way of getting more depth - thru young NHL players and draft pick(s) - the draft would be the opportune time to make a deal as you have a decent idea of who you might get with that pick.

Question is, is there depth on D to move Buff? Jets may feel, Trouba has shown enough that he has to play. He may be raw and make mistakes, but we can live with that for this year as he gains NHL experience.

They would have to feel the group of Bogo, Trouba, Postma and Redmond will be ok. Bogo is key in that scenario, too. To have him signed long-term, is critical, if they plan to move Buff.
This is what i disagree with. As far as i'm concerned, if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year, you have to blow it up. Your timeline gets screwed and for the team to be competitive with the established core you'd essentially have make the playoffs the next year, and be contending the year after (which doesn't really happen with any sort of regularity).

trading Buff in the offseason (while i wouldn't mind seeing him be moved) is leaving a LOT up to chance with your D core. Your trusting the #3 and #4 D spots to Clitsome and a Rookie(postma/trouba/redmond). That doesn't sound like progress to me.

while i can see moving buff in the offseason as it's easier to manage salary nd accomodate him, and while i'm not totally against it, it does raise some major question marks for me as far as realistic expectations next year, a year that I see as the most critical for this team (we were a bubble team last year, the next step is playoffs, we have to make it to fit the timeline of the LLW core, season ticket renewls, etc)

jets management would have to be extremely confident in their young D to move buff before the season.