View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 10:58 AM
bruyns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Grabo had a higher even strength scoring rate than Bozak despite playing with lesser teammates and against much tougher competition. Simply put, Grabovski was put in a position to struggle this year and thus produced less than he is capable of producing.
Why has no one touched on the even strength scoring stat he brought up? Do people not think playing with an elite offensive force in Phil should lead to putting up more points than playing less minutes with defensive wingers? Why was Grabovski still able to outproduce Bozak with no 1st PP time, no Kessel, Lupul/JVR and less icetime? Something about that just doesnt add up for me and I'd like an explanation how Bozak is regarded as better offensively when you take the situations they were placed in into account.

I also agree Grabovski had a poor season, but a poor season does not equal a poor player. Would Grabovski get his contract awarded to him after the year he just had? Of course not, but there was a reason he was paid 5.5M and it wasn't because of his tenacious defense and 3rd line checking role where he excelled while playing in non-offensive situations so why would you expect him to perform admirably when thrust into a role that doesn't fit his game and skill set?

bruyns is offline   Reply With Quote