View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 11:57 AM
DrHamburg

vCash: 500
If Matt Carle was on the team the Flyers wouldve made the playoffs. But They would have lost round 1 and had a terrible contract on their hands. While this team was bad this year the problem was too many high priced players being bad. Hartnell had a bad season. Briere had a really bad season. Mez was useless. Coburn also bad.

When your high priced players like that struggle it leads to inconsistent efforts and bad play. Briere and Mez will never be right. Mez has too many injuries and Briere is too old. I think Hartnell can turn it around next season. Coburn, I am not sure. But I would be willing to give another chance.

If you get rid of Briere and Mez thats 10.5 million in salary off the books and is addition by subtraction. I won't get into goaltending but ridding Briere and Mez gets the Flyers under the cap and gives them flexibility. Gus played a lot better at the end of the season and you would have 1 open spot on defense. The main thing for the Flyers is to not panic. They didnt panic at the trade deadline or last offseason so I have hope. If they make minor moves they will be better next season.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote