View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 12:52 PM
CharlieGirl
Thank you Mr. Snider

vCash: 500
They are well run (hence my "very good GM" comment above) and have had a lot of success since the Hunters took over the franchise. That is indisputable.

I have a problem with the goldfish memories of a lot of London fans (much like Pittsburgh fans) who will swear the team has always been good - those "fans" are the ones who crow the loudest. I have the utmost respect for the people who stuck with the team when they sucked, and enjoy the hell out of the team this last 8 or 9 years - and so they should.

I also have an issue with being awarded the Memorial Cup so soon after last hosting it, but that's another whole discussion. They'll do a good job, and Branch will pee his pants in anticipation of blubbering about how every franchise should conduct themselves as London does.

There are franchises who definitely need a kick in the pants (Kingston frustrates the hell out of me - fantastic city, great venue, but **** ownership and management) but I personally thank God there is only one London in the OHL.