View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 02:54 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
To all those going nuts about me saying that he needs to work on his skating: I did not say he was a bad skater. All I am saying is that with the type of game he plays (YES I SAW HIM PLAY?!?!) he will need to be above average/close to elite IN THE NHL. Stop going all defensive on a prospect all the time geez. If you want him to perfom in a top 6 role, his skating is definitely not there yet given the type of game he plays.
personally I didn't see any problems with his skating that would cause me concern, in fact I thought his skating was very good in any of the games I've seen him. For me the big thing is getting stronger and improving lower body strength, but I also don't know how he will handle playing against physical teams so that will be a big test for him at the NHL level down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You call it poop on their party.

I prefer the word reality.

Once Collberg starts lighting the lamp and scoring points, start pumping his tires. Until then, it looks fanboyish.
My suggestion first would be to better understand things as your repeated comments just make you look like you have no clue what you are talking about. With more realistic expectations you might see things in a different light. That said it's still very early in his development so we'll have to wait and see how much he can progress. I personally think he's one of our best prospects and I think he actually had a very good season overall but I also know that he's still got a ways to go and a lot can happen between now and then.

That said I don't think there's anything wrong with caution either, just that your come across in this thread as not really knowing what you are talking about and after it's been explained you still seem set on not listening and just repeating the same message.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote