View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Johnny Drama

vCash: 500
For the '14-'15 season I think these are our prospects that would most likely be competing for roster spots in the show:

Left wing: Charles Hudon, Tim Bozon
Center: Louis Leblanc, Michael Bournival, Brady Vail, Gabriel Dumont, Daniel Pribyl(if he gets signed soon)
Right wing: Sebastien Collberg, Danny Kristo
Defense: Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, Morgan Ellis, Darren Dietz, Greg Pateryn, Magnus Nygren, Dalton Thrower, Josiah Didier

This pool does not include any of our core long-term players that we already have in Montreal...such as: (age 19-25)

Left Wing: Max Patches,
Center: Alex Gally, Lars Eller
Right Wing: Brendan Gallagher
Defense: PK Subban

As well we have a couple of veterans on our team who I personally would like to see stick around, such as: (age 25+)

Left Wing: Brandon Prust, Rene Bourque
Center: Tomas Plekanec, Ryan White
Right Wing: None...sorry Gio fans
Defense: Alex Emelin, Josh Gorges, Andrei Markov

If you didn't notice I hope to somehow cut ties with DD and Diaz.

Which leads me to my '14-'15 line up which does not include any picks in the next two years, nor does it include future free agents we may sign (obviously):

Max Patches - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec - Sebastien Collberg
Charles Hudon - Lars Eller - Danny Kristo
Brandon Prust - Brady Vail - Ryan White

Andrei Markov - Alex Emelin
Josh Gorges - PK Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Jarred Tinordi
Darren Dietz

+ any other players we sign and/or draft!

Now that line up is nothing set in stone. I just drew it up to give you an idea of the talent pool Michel would be working with that season (as long as he's still here )

Just from looking at that line up I see we have about 4 young talented scorers in Gally, Collberg, Kristo and Hudon. Even though these kids dont have amazing size (which is a huge deal around here none shy away from getting their noses dirty).

Although the one thing in particular about this line up is that while Galchenyuk, Pleks and Eller down the middle may work very well for us while Plekanec is good, I fear when he leaves it would fall apart. I know this is not a popular opinion but I believe Eller to be a life time 3rd line center for us. Don't get me wrong I like Eller I just think he would do us best manning the 3rd line and being a stud there.

I agree with the opinion of us trading up in the 1st round if a blue chip prospect falls so we can snag one more core player for our team. Players (not necessarily blue chip) that come to mind to me: Bo Horvat, Jimmy Lodge, or Sean Monahan...former of which would be a giant pipe-dream. IMO we need another big talented center to compliment Galchenyuk which would eventually replace Pleks and solidify our center group. Then take BPA the rest of the draft and take advantage of this strong draft class.

TL;DR: I want us to trade up for a big named center prospect because I feel we have a pretty strong core of young prospects right now that one more blue chip guy could put us over the top. Mix that in with the players we have now, plus draft picks in the next two years, AND any free agents we choose to sign and I think we're in pretty damn good shape.

Sorry for the post being so long, but long time lurker finally posting for the first time and hoping my new-found voice will be well received!

Johnny Drama is offline   Reply With Quote