View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 05:46 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
IMHO There still is a place for Bilcke in the lineup. That being said the 4th line is where he should find himself. Fighting has yet to go the way of the Dodo bird.(it got the Leafs into the playoffs) but as the season progresses the tough guys see less and less ice time for good reason.
If the Spits do go to a youth movement they will need some toughness to help the kids get some room. Only thing I see with Bilcke is that if Rychel goes somewhere I can see a few of his circle of friends heading out with him and Bilcke is one of them.
I understand what you're trying to say but the Spits aren't going youth they are going to try and make a go of it. Look at projected possibilities.

Forwards
Rychel
Vail
Ho-Sang
Giftopolous
Verbeek
Moore
2 more OA's
2 imports
US signing

That's 11 forwards right there without including Marchese, Johnson, Studnicka(likely traded), and Bilcke. Let's also not forget Bilcke only played 46 games last year. Durability is a question mark moving forward 2011 playoffs broken fibula, 2012-broken finger, bad shoulder. The other option is giving Bilcke's role to a 17 year old who can develop. Bilcke is already 19 his game hasn't evolved over the past 2 years, Bilcke was here when he was 17 so there's no reason why another player can't take that role from him.