View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I had this too. My only problem with Pleks is that he doesn't bring anything come playoff time, especially recently. Maybe with a slightly diminished role (#1 PK unit along with #2 PP and #2 ES) might increase his effectiveness, but that's a big maybe. Honestly, I could see us getting rid of him when in a few years (possibly at the end of his contract) Eller is ready to take the second line AND Chucky is ready to be the #1 C. Till then, we keep Plekanec. Desharnais should be gone within the next 2-3 years too or sooner (preferably). Chucky should be a centreman, although keeping him on the wing a la Taylor Hall style might work out in the end for us. However, I'm of the belief that Galchenyuk was made to be the #1 C, especially for our team in about 4-5 years.
Not sure how anybody can say that about Plekanec, he's the best Habs forward most years and plays big minutes in many different roles.

If you want him to take off offensively like, say Krejci, you have to give him the best wingers and ice time designed to generate offense, not a ton of PK mintes and toufgh defensive matchups.

This year was even worse with Eller going down he got even more tough matchups dumped on him as Galchenyuk was highly protected(at center) and Desharnais is not the guy you want out too often against top lines.