View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Dude, even with first round picks. We have taken a TON of risks. The only true non-risk I can think of was Miller.

Skjei is a borderline safe/risk pick. He's safe in the fact that he projects to be at least a NHLer. He's a huge risk in the fact that he can be SO much more than that if he puts it all together.

McIlrath is not a safe pick. To say so is to simply be delusional. Same with Kreider. I have no idea how you can say both were safe picks with a straight face. And then try and make up reasons why!

And to say that Thomas was a safe pick is, again, laughable.

I have no idea where you are coming up with this stuff. You are analyzing this stuff in hindsight. You can't analyze a picks risk in hindsight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Pretty sure McIlrath was a very risky pick, how you turn that into a safe pick I don't understand. He could be a monster or he could be an AHLer, that is the definition of risk. About half of your argument was that they could end up AHLers, yet you say those were safe picks? Uhh what, safe picks are picks that get you an NHL depth player instead of taking a potential top six forward or top four d man with some flaws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, pretty much every pick outside of the top 10 is a risky pick.
Okay I see your argument. Apologies.