View Single Post
Old
05-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I've watched Buff a lot in both CHI and ATL (CHI/BOS were my teams pre Jets 2.0 and ATL was my bros team), so I'm not just distracted by numbers
But with the whole usage thing, if A > B in lesser type minutes, usually (not always) if you place them with better players it will will still be A > B irregardless...

Buff is good at a lot of those things that you mentioned and it's part of the reason why he is successful as a D-man too.

I understand what you're saying about Trouba and depending on what we get and I kind of agree. Still, history has shown that over long term that Buff is more impactful in a positive way on defense than forward... but of course as you have alluded to, what's best for individuals impact may not be best for team impact, as that also depends on team depth and abilities at particular positions.
Ah okay got ya. That makes sense. What I was mostly trying to say was that Buff could play forward, not should. I think he's best at defense too but if Trouba outshines Buff near the end of next year and you have Bogosian more complete all around than both of them then someone is in for a huge minutes cut. I'm saying Buff at RW > what we likely (IMO) get back in return for Buff on defense. This is debatable obviously but that's what my hockey sense is telling me. The guy can be valuable at either position to me.

If that didn't work, we could hypothetically cut our losses and trade him at that point as well. He'd have a season left on his deal summer 2015. If Trouba isn't developing as quickly as we hope, we can always just keep Buff on defense until he is.